- dead bait on wog-head rig (which come with a synthetic skirt), or chin-guard rig with coloured plastic octopus. Best colours: bright fluoro colours, white, or dark colours
- maximum of one foot of single strand copper coloured wire
- trolling speed 2-3 knots
- troll structure, search for bait
- fish two different depths when practical (this might entail using a dead bait alongside a bibbed minnow (yes you can do it as long as the bibbed minnow swims well at slow speeds)
- don’t introduce slack line at any stage of the fight.
Note: sure some Macks travel very long distances in open water, but the best chance you have of finding them is by finding structure and bait together.
NEXT WEEK IN PART 2
- Trolling Times
- Wire or Mono
- Trolling Speed