ProTackle now have the new Shimano TranX reels in store for you to check out. These revolutionary new reels take the low profile baitcaster design and up the size for heavier overhead applications. Capable of holding just under 400m of 50lb PowerPro and pulling an impressive 11kg of drag. There are two models in the range, a HG (High Gear) and PG (Power Gear). The HG has a 6.6:1 ratio and pull in an impressive 107cm of line per turn of the handle. The HG would be well suited to high speed spinning for Mackerel and other pelagic, while the PG will handle Reds and Trout off the bottom. This reel may even find a use pulling up big impoundment barra on heavy braided line.
Other features include
• X-Ship provides an extra smooth retrieve with superior durability.
• HEG - a larger drive gear and pinion gear increase cranking efficiency.
• SF - Superfree Bearing supported Pinion Gear eliminates friction with spool shaft for better freespool.
• E.I. Surface treatment on the spool protects against corrosion from saltwater soaked braided line.
• S A-RB coating protects bearings from rust in saltwater use.
• Super Stopper eliminates handle back play.
• VBS Brake System effectively reacts to spool rotation speed to provide ideal brake force at all times during cast.
• Dartainium II Drag Washer provides incredibly smooth drag performance with durability.